**I’m currently participating in the 21 Day Sugar Detox and I’m recording it here on my blog. I’ll be posting pictures of the food I’m eating, as well as reflections about what I’m experiencing. Enjoy**
- Breakfast: Hard boiled eggs with paprika, avocado, sauerkraut, pumpkin pancake (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox), homebrew kombucha
- Lunch: Cuban piccadillo with roasted cauliflower, carrots and mayo (via Well Fed), moo-less mousse (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
- Snack: Bone broth
- Dinner: Sweet and sour chicken (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox), brussel sprouts, Greek tomato salad (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
- Other: Green tea,Traditional Medicinals Organic Echinacea Tea, herbal tea, water with lemon, coconut water
- Supplements: Lewis Labs Brewer’s Yeast, L-Glutamine, Natural Calm (magnesium)
- Sleep time and quality: 7 hours, woke up a lot
- Start and end time: 10:30pm – 5:20am
- Exercise: None
- Mood & Energy: Okay, tired and feeling a little sick
A few nights of bad sleep have a way of catching up to you. I was feeling sick and tired all day. My stress finally started to abate, but it’s effects were still lingering. My throat was scratchy, I was coughing all day, and generally felt like poop. I drank a lot of echinacea tea, bone broth, got a massage, and went to bed early. It’s crazy how stress and sleep are intertwined, and how they can so strongly affect everything else.
As far as food, despite feeling sick, I didn’t have any cravings for sweets at all. I felt satisfied after each meal, making sure to eat plenty of healthy fat, and enjoying some not-sweet treats. I tried the Sweet and Sour chicken and Greek tomato salad recipes from The 21-Day Sugar Detox, and they were amazing! I think the Sweet and Sour recipe may be my new favorite way to prepare chicken – it was delicious!
What do you do when you start to feel under the weather? Do you have a set of home remedies you use?
My main reflection for today: Diet is critical, but so are sleep and stress management. My diet is doing great, but I need to work on the other two.