**Every season, I post a set of goals that I set out to accomplish. I track my progress here on my blog. I like the challenge of setting goals – it helps me to accomplish so much more. This post features the wrap up of my Fall 13 goals**
I’ll admit, this fall, I wasn’t terribly good at posting updates about my 13 in 2013 progress. I plan to remedy that with my Winter 14 (coming soon). While I had a posting frenzy during my 21 Day Sugar Detox, I’ve been pretty quiet on the blog otherwise. Sometimes, you just have to choose between living life or documenting it, so I chose living. But, now that I’m all teched out (iPad! iPhone!), I see my productivity coming back.
So here’s how I did with my goals this fall:
- Drink “slow” coffee on the weekends, and green tea on weekdays – Done and then some. I’ve pretty much stopped drinking coffee from my coffee maker, and have switched to only French Press and cold-brewed coffee. So much better. Didn’t fully switch over to green tea, but I’m okay with that
- Make 24 hour fermented yogurt - Done and blogged.
- Add two new recipes to my regular repertoire - Done and blogged.
- Organize outdoor shed - I cleaned out all the junk we don’t use and reorganized what we do use. Much easier to find stuff now.
- Start composting for real – Didn’t buy a compost tumbler, but I discovered that my vintage West Bend tins work great as compost keepers when you put a ziplock in them. While I don’t like creating some extra garbage, I think it makes up for it in the fact that now I’m composting constantly.
- Build a raised bed garden - Success! I’m growing romaine, tomatoes, a pumpkin (just for the heck of it) and some celery. I’m already working on my second one.
- Make vanilla extract for xmas gifts- Didn’t happen at all.
- Try a natural oral care routine - Done. I adapted Wellness Mama’s recipe to make my own toothpaste. I’m using Orawellness’ Healthy Mouth Blend. I’m also using a tongue cleaner, and sometimes I oil pull with coconut oil. My mouth looks and feels good, and my breath isn’t too bad either.
- Learn about retirement plans – Making some progress in this realm. Still have to do more research about possibly moving from an investment to a pension plan. Meanwhile, in January I’ll start setting aside money with every paycheck for a separate retirement account.
- Finally sell all that stuff lying around on eBay - Still have more stuff to sell, but I made good progress on it.
- Pay off my credit cards – Didn’t work out so good. I actually have more debt now than I started with. Mostly, there were several large purchases that had to happen. I lost my prescription sunglasses, so I had to spend $200 on a new pair. I needed a filling, so there was another $100 at the dentist. Plus lots of little things came up, which kept adding onto the debt. Even though I’ve been paying a bit on my credit cards with each paycheck, I haven’t gotten it down to zero yet. Need to keep working on this one.
- Buy at least three new work wardrobe pieces – Done! Didn’t document them all, but I did have a couple of consignment store trips to get new work pieces. My work wardrobe still needs an overhaul, but this was a good start.
- Read 10 YA books and one professional development book - Done and done. I actually read way more than 10 YA books, and I read one professional book.
What personal goals did you accomplish in 2013?
I’ll be posting a year-in-review soon, then it’s on to my Winter 14 goals!