My media center has frigid A/C, while outdoors we have 80 degrees temps and super high humidity.  I’m trying to find more creative way to have outfits that can easily transition between the two drastically different temperatures.  My favorite solution: lightweight scarves.  When I go indoors, I can wrap a scarf around my neck and instantly feel cozy and warm.  When I go outside, I ditch the scarf and cardigan, and I’m ready for the balmy Florida heat.

This week is the last week of school, and after that I won’t have work (or paychecks) until August.  It’s bittersweet for me, because while having free-time will be nice, I really love my job, and I’ll hate not being there for nine weeks.  I’m trying to find a part-time summer job to make ends meet, but so far, nothing has worked out.  I’m a little nervous about this, but I do have some savings that I can use if needed, and I will be attending a couple of paid work-related trainings.  It’s going to be a bit hard money wise, but I’m looking forward to having time to sew, knit, read, and work in my garden.  Who knows, maybe I’ll even get together a small Etsy shop over the summer? (Of course, I’ve said that many times before.  We’ll see if I actually do it)

For those of you who work (or have worked) at jobs where you have the summer off, what do you do?  Do you travel?  Work a temporary summer job?  Catch up on projects around the house?

Blouse: Anthropologie
Cardigan: Ann Taylor LOFT
Jeans: Express Stella (re-conned by me)
Shoes: Born Codders
Scarf: Kohls
Earrings: Efy Tal

Quote: Anatole over Paris., by Eve Titus

Related Posts with Thumbnails

7 Comments

1. Posted June 7, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Isn’t it a pain to have to wear one thing INSIDE and another outside? Ah well, better than working sans A/C I suppose.

Gorgeous print on that blouse!
    .-= Sally´s last blog ..Workout Wardrobe Makeover =-.

2. Posted June 7, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

Oooh, I wish that it were hotter here. I’m hearing about everybody having glorious summer weather, and yet it’s all gloomy here in LA!

Love the pink + orange combo. Would not have tried that!
    .-= J.´s last blog ..all you need is love =-.

3. Posted June 7, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

crazy for the red scarf! I do need more colorful scarfs for me too!!!
    .-= Kirafashion´s last blog ..ALMOST NIGHT… =-.

4. Posted June 7, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

I love the way your hair looks right now- that haircut has grown into this awesome soft and chic do’ that really goes so well on you. This outfit looks fun for sure- and no, I’ve never had a summer off unfortunately. Love the look, lady!

5. Posted June 7, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

that’s definitely the hardest part about summer dressing!! why can’t buildings be a reasonable temperature in summer?
    .-= what would a nerd wear´s last blog ..Make It New =-.

6. Posted June 8, 2010 at 9:34 am | Permalink

I love the scarf with that blouse!

This will be the first summer in a long time that I haven’t either taught or been abroad to do research supported by a grant. It makes me a little nervous to not have a paycheck coming in, but it just would have been too much since we’re moving at the end of July anyway. I wish you luck finding something part-time!

7. Posted June 9, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Oh, I SO wish I had the summer off. Oh well. :)

And I’m a huge summer scarf fan. They’re the perfect transitional piece.
    .-= Clare´s last blog ..The Lines are Open =-.