Today is my 26th birthday!  Yay!  I’m actually substituting today, so this is not what I am wearing.  My outfit posts are always a few days behind, so this is what I wore for an amazingly relaxing Sunday.  We seemed to have a warm front then, because the weather was perfect.  It was nice to feel a hint of spring coming.  I opened up all the windows in the house, got the laundry done and cleaned the kitchen.  I actually find cleaning relaxing, because it’s such a relief to be able to get it done without feeling rushed.  I got some spinning done as well and took an afternoon nap while listening to the birds outside.  Absolutely. awesome. day.

This outfit contains two new items.  That J. Crew breton striped blouse is a deliciously soft cashmere/cotton blend that I scored recently on Ebay.  For $15.  Love.  You saw the Dansko Sela sandals on Saturday.  I really didn’t expect to get to wear them so soon, but it was wonderful to finally let my feet be free of socks for a bit.

After I get off work today, I plan to check out a new thrift store near where I’m subbing.  Thrifting on my birthday is starting to become a sort of tradition for me.  I love taking time to explore the racks and search for treasures, but I often don’t have the time.  On my birthday, I make the time.  After that, I’m going out for sushi with a friend.  My boyfriend is working the night shift tonight, so we’ll be celebrating my birthday together this weekend.

What makes a perfectly relaxing day for you?  Do you have any special birthday traditions?

Blouse: J Crew (via Ebay)
Jeans: Express
Sandals: Dansko Sela (via Ebay)
Purse: Vintage (via Advintagous)
Necklace: Chocolate Cake Jewels
Cuff: second-hand

Quote: I Love You Stinky Face, by Lisa McCourt

Related Posts with Thumbnails

26 Comments

1. Posted February 25, 2010 at 7:50 am | Permalink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I love this outfit. All of it seems so comfortable and fashionable, but I think what I love the most is that sweet necklace complimenting the color of your bag and pulling it all together. I hope your birthday is spectacular!
    .-= Clare´s last blog ..On the Other Side of Town =-.

2. Posted February 25, 2010 at 8:17 am | Permalink

Happy birthday! I really hope it’s a wonderful day and that you find some good birthday loot at the thrift store! That sounds like a perfect Sunday too!

Since I started grad school my birthday has always fallen during finals week or Spring Break, so I usually meet girlfriends for brunch and then go shopping with them or by myself and then for a dinner with M. (ok, sometimes in the past it has been other significant others) and then for drinks with friends. The main thing on my birthday is that I do not grade papers.

3. Posted February 25, 2010 at 8:27 am | Permalink

Happy Birthday Diana!
    All the happiness for you! You are a great person, full of life and personality, I wish all your dreams come true!

love from Brazil,
    Kira
    .-= Kirafashion´s last blog ..THE RED ‘LUXO’ =-.

4. Katie
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Happy Birthday Diana!

I think stripes as very in this season. I bought three striped tops myself yesterday. I love how you’ve matched it with the yellow bag.

xoxo
    Katie

5. Posted February 25, 2010 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Happy Birthday! Praying all your wishes come true!
    .-= The Real Me´s last blog ..Something For Me =-.

6. Posted February 25, 2010 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Happy Birthday, indeed! May this year be the most amazing yet! :o)

I guess I don’t really have a birthday tradition. But, I will share a funny little story about birthday attire … my Dad’s bday was July 4th, and at some point in the 70′s he bought a pair of fitted, bell-bottomed, amazingly loud, stars and stripes canvas pants that he wore every year on his birthday. They were uh-mazing! Well, I never understood why I never had a special outfit, even though my bday was not a national holiday. And when I asked my Mom about it when I was 6 or 7 years old, I wondered why I didn’t have a “birthday suit like the one Daddy wears every year”?! Ha! I now know the difference between “birthday duds” and “birthday suit”, although whenever I hear someone say “birthday suit” I always flash on a pair of fitted, flared, stars and stripes pants. :o)
    .-= Kristin´s last blog ..Plumage – Inspired by a Smile =-.

7. Denise
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 9:57 am | Permalink

Happy Birthday, Diana! My son’s birthday is tomorrow- he’ll be 19. Which is totally unbeleivable to me.

Love the shoes- I’m sure you’ll get lots of use from them!

8. Posted February 25, 2010 at 10:01 am | Permalink

happy birthday lady! ahh, i remember 26…

loving this outfit — the stripes on the top are super classy + beckoning spring, and the touches of yellow add this littler certain something…
    .-= EvaNadine´s last blog ..The First Post After the Prolonged Absence… =-.

9. Posted February 25, 2010 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Happy birthday, lady! So glad to hear you had such a perfect day.
    .-= Sally´s last blog ..On Being Womanly =-.

10. Posted February 25, 2010 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Happy Birthday!!!
    .-= alechia´s last blog ..WP.com Downtime Summary =-.

11. Posted February 25, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday, have a wonderful day and all good wishes for the coming year!
    .-= Struggler´s last blog ..Art Chaos: a great problem to have =-.

12. Posted February 25, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

happy birthday! and you rock the yellows better than almost anyone i know.
    .-= alltumbledown´s last blog ..A Fine Vintage =-.

13. Posted February 25, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

Happy birthday!!! I love that striped top.

No big birthday traditions here, except that my family always has dinner around my birthday and I get to pick what we eat…we do that for any birthday. Last year my boyfriend and I went to Mammoth Cave on my birthday weekend, and I want to go to another state park this year. Maybe that will be our tradition :)
    .-= Kelly´s last blog ..Formspring? Sure why not. =-.

14. Posted February 25, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

yellow seems to be a common theme in your outfits and i love it – always makes me smile. also feeling a bit jealous of you in sandals – definitely not ready for that here yet! hope you have a wonderful birthday!
    .-= k´s last blog ..yesterday, today, tomorrow? =-.

15. Posted February 25, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Happy birthday! I’m having a slice of cheesecake in your honor :-)
    .-= Kate´s last blog ..Daily Outfit – Kate – 2/24/10 =-.

16. Posted February 25, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday! Love the new top – so cute. And while your hair always looks lovely, in these pics you appear to be having an absolutely extra great hair day!
    .-= Goober´s last blog ..Catch-Up =-.

17. Posted February 25, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

woop woop – Happy Birthday doll!!

18. Posted February 25, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

Happiest of birthdays!

19. Carol
    Posted February 25, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday!!

20. Posted February 25, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday!
    .-= Cecilia´s last blog ..Lobster Fest =-.

21. Posted February 25, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

Happy Bday – and I love the top.

22. Posted February 25, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday! Your outfit is adorable! I love the stripes and the bright yellow together!

23. Posted February 26, 2010 at 1:25 am | Permalink

Such a classic outfit — love the stripes and yellow!

Happy birthday, dear — hope it’s a wonderful one!
    .-= JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk´s last blog ..We rob banks, or Dress #4 =-.

24. Posted February 26, 2010 at 6:34 am | Permalink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a great day! That top is amazing and for $15? I really need to check out eBay some more.

I agree that not feeling rushed is relaxing. I love the days when we don’t have to be anywhere by any certain time. It doesn’t happen often but I love it when it does!
    .-= Kim, The Closet of Kim´s last blog ..Winter Flurries =-.

25. Posted February 26, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Permalink

Happy Birthday!! BTW, yellow seriously must be your color because I always end up loving the outfits that have yellow in them :) The bag is awesome!
    .-= Piper´s last blog ..{shake it up – week 9 giveaway!} =-.

26. Posted February 28, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Happy (belated) birthday Diana!!
    .-= goldenmeans´s last blog ..Glass of Bubbly =-.

One Trackback

1. [...] mentioned that I went thrifting on my birthday.  I was substituting in Brandon that day, which is about 20 minutes east of Tampa, and one of my [...]